51 Shouts - 223,483 Scrobbles
What started as a project called ‘Bertrand Russell and the Country Club’ soon evolved into Blackout Beach. Whatever the pseudonym, Carey Mercer’s solo creations dwell in a land all their own. Mercer began his solo project soon after the demise of his brilliant first band, Blue Pine, in 2001. Mercer would also form Frog Eyes around this time, recruiting roommate and keyboard whiz Spencer Krug, Blue Pine bandmate Mike Rak and his wife Melanie Campbell to help realize his swirling, frenzied compositions.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Deserter's Song - (1:07) - 1,956 plays
- Beautiful Burning Desire - (6:52) - 1,537 plays
- Hornet's Fury into the Bandit's Mouth - (3:50) - 1,524 plays
- Cloud of Evil - (3:52) - 1,264 plays
- Torchlights Banned - (3:13) - 1,221 plays
- Be Forewarned, The Night has Come - (4:31) - 1,025 plays
- Sending Postcards To a Ghost - (2:26) - 1,085 plays
- Broken Braying Sound of the Donkey's Cry - (2:33) - 768 plays
- Biloxi, In A Grove, Cleans Out His Eyes - (4:59) - 503 plays
- The Roman - (3:13) - 431 plays