51 Shouts - 235,729 Scrobbles
What started as a project called ‘Bertrand Russell and the Country Club’ soon evolved into Blackout Beach. Whatever the pseudonym, Carey Mercer’s solo creations dwell in a land all their own. Mercer began his solo project soon after the demise of his brilliant first band, Blue Pine, in 2001. Mercer would also form Frog Eyes around this time, recruiting roommate and keyboard whiz Spencer Krug, Blue Pine bandmate Mike Rak and his wife Melanie Campbell to help realize his swirling, frenzied compositions.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Deserter's Song - (1:07) - 1,251 plays
- Beautiful Burning Desire - (6:52) - 1,039 plays
- Hornet's Fury into the Bandit's Mouth - (3:50) - 1,205 plays
- Cloud of Evil - (3:52) - 986 plays
- Torchlights Banned - (3:13) - 804 plays
- Be Forewarned, The Night has Come - (4:31) - 708 plays
- Sending Postcards To a Ghost - (2:26) - 647 plays
- Broken Braying Sound of the Donkey's Cry - (2:33) - 550 plays
- Biloxi, In A Grove, Cleans Out His Eyes - (4:59) - 376 plays
- Woe To The Minds Of Soft Men - (0:54) - 244 plays