51 Shouts - 241,385 Scrobbles
What started as a project called ‘Bertrand Russell and the Country Club’ soon evolved into Blackout Beach. Whatever the pseudonym, Carey Mercer’s solo creations dwell in a land all their own. Mercer began his solo project soon after the demise of his brilliant first band, Blue Pine, in 2001. Mercer would also form Frog Eyes around this time, recruiting roommate and keyboard whiz Spencer Krug, Blue Pine bandmate Mike Rak and his wife Melanie Campbell to help realize his swirling, frenzied compositions.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Deserter's Song - (1:07) - 910 plays
- Beautiful Burning Desire - (6:52) - 697 plays
- Cloud of Evil - (3:52) - 647 plays
- Hornet's Fury into the Bandit's Mouth - (3:50) - 849 plays
- Torchlights Banned - (3:13) - 527 plays
- Be Forewarned, The Night has Come - (4:31) - 513 plays
- Sending Postcards To a Ghost - (2:26) - 469 plays
- Broken Braying Sound of the Donkey's Cry - (2:33) - 310 plays
- Biloxi, In A Grove, Cleans Out His Eyes - (4:59) - 252 plays
- Drowning Pigs - (12:47) - 198 plays