51 Shouts - 245,250 Scrobbles
What started as a project called ‘Bertrand Russell and the Country Club’ soon evolved into Blackout Beach. Whatever the pseudonym, Carey Mercer’s solo creations dwell in a land all their own. Mercer began his solo project soon after the demise of his brilliant first band, Blue Pine, in 2001. Mercer would also form Frog Eyes around this time, recruiting roommate and keyboard whiz Spencer Krug, Blue Pine bandmate Mike Rak and his wife Melanie Campbell to help realize his swirling, frenzied compositions.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Deserter's Song - (1:07) - 639 plays
- Beautiful Burning Desire - (6:52) - 449 plays
- Cloud of Evil - (3:52) - 479 plays
- Hornet's Fury into the Bandit's Mouth - (3:50) - 495 plays
- Be Forewarned, The Night has Come - (4:31) - 345 plays
- Torchlights Banned - (3:13) - 345 plays
- Sending Postcards To a Ghost - (2:26) - 389 plays
- Biloxi, In A Grove, Cleans Out His Eyes - (4:59) - 250 plays
- Broken Braying Sound of the Donkey's Cry - (2:33) - 186 plays
- Three Men Drown In The River - (2:11) - 157 plays