0 Shouts - 1,522,568 Scrobbles
1) 'Black' is the name by which Liverpool born singer/songwriter Colin Vearncombe (26/5/1962 - 26/1/2016) identified himself through his music career. Dave Dix was also a member of the band from 1981 to 1988.Read More...
His fist gig was New Year’s Day, 1982 and his debut single 'Human Features' was released the same year. An erratic few years followed and he signed for WEA records in 1984, but the relationship was not fruitful and Vearncombe was dropped during the promotion period for the single ‘More Than The Sun.’
Black had two top-ten hits in the UK in 1987: 'Sweetest Smile' and 'Wonderful Life'. The album of this name reached no. 3 in the UK album chart, but following albums and singles did not enjoy similar commercial success. He was able to continue recording music, releasing 14 albums over the course of his life. His latest, ‘Blind Faith’, was released in 2015.
Vearncombe died in Cork, Ireland, on January 26, 2016, after suffering from head injuries in a car accident.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHere I go out to sea again
The sunshine fills my hair
And dreams hang in the air
Gulls in the sky and in my blue eye
You know it feels unfair
- LyricsYou don't believe me
I can tell it by your eyes
There's a kind of magic to be had from your lies.
I used to say that today is like tomorrow
Don't sell it short for truth.
- LyricsI think my heart must be made of clay,
'Cause everyone said it would be broken some day,
And now I've come to that fateful day,
So I sit on the floor with my head in my hands,
And don't tell me how to make it pay,
Once more I won't ask again,
Don't tell me I should count to ten.
I won't attempt to curb your speech,
- Paradise - 16,946 plays
- Sometimes for the Asking - 15,587 plays
- I Just Grew Tired - 12,697 plays
- Everything Is Coming Up Roses - 20,050 plays
- Blue - 11,708 plays
- Just Making Memories - 12,053 plays