0 Shouts - 311,786 Scrobbles
There are multiple artists with this name:Read More...
1) Black Widow was a progressive rock / hard rock band formed in Leicester, England, UK in September 1969. The band was mostly known for its use of satanic and occult imagery in their music and stage act. Black Widow was often compared with the better-known hard rock band Black Sabbath, but the bands were only superficially similar.
The group originally formed in 1966 as Pesky Gee! with Kay Garrett (lead vocals), Kip Trevor (lead vocals, guitar & harmonica), Jim Gannon (guitar & vocals), Bob Bond (bass guitar), Clive Box (drums), Jess "Zoot" Taylor (organ & piano), Clive Jones (sax & flute). The band released one album for Pye Records as Pesky Gee!, 1969's Exclamation Mark, before Garrett left the band. The remaining band members continued on as Black Widow and released their debut album Return to the Sabbat in 1969. Perhaps better known than their music was the band's use of occult references in their music and their live performances, which were made more controversial with the mock sacrifice of a nude woman. The band attracted further controversy by consulting infamous witch Alex Sanders for advice.
2) Black Widow is a drone doom band from Australia, formed by Robert MacManus (Grey Daturas).
3) Black Widow was a heavy metal band from Belgium that have recorded one album in 1984.
4) Black Widow was a heavy metal band from the United States that appeared in 1983 on the compilation album Metal Massacre 3.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Come to the Sabbat - 49,227 plays
- In Ancient Days - 36,352 plays
- Conjuration - 25,348 plays
- Way to Power - 27,848 plays
- Attack of the Demon - 22,745 plays
- Sacrifice - 22,378 plays
- Seduction - 21,504 plays
- Tears and Wine - 4,841 plays
- The Gypsy - 4,256 plays
- When My Mind Was Young - 3,682 plays