0 Shouts - 230,487 Scrobbles
There are six artists known as Black Bear.Read More...
1) The more popular of the three being Sam Beebe who is an experimental solo artist recording as Black Bear and involving microphones, pedals, an organ, a train whistle, "Dr. Groove", electricity, and his hands.
2006 saw the release of Black Bear's debut album, "The Cinnamon Phase", released on Seattle label Baskerville Hill Records (which Sam co-runs with Scott Reitherman). It features songs and music, as the best albums generally do.
2) Black Bear is also a folk-rock artist collective from Nevada City, CA. featuring Alela Diane and Thaddeus Stoenner, of Them Hills, among others.
3) Originally called USSR and inspired by Black Bear Diner and its wondrous Ursus americanus portion-sized meals, Black Bear's foundation of love and fusion of pranks and opposing musical backgrounds have led originals Jared & Tamra to a new astronomical dimension of pleasantries.
Their first full length album "Tico" features tracks "Cobra Nebula" and "Fiery Fate" along with the increasingly popular "Old Jailbird Song". Tico is available on itunes and myspace.
Transitioning from Tico's mellow and eclectic feel, Black Bear is currently (May 2009) recording their new album "Sergio", adding a forgotten element called energy.
4) Black Bear is also a southern hardcore band from Massachusetts. http://www.myspace.com/blackbearparty
5) Black Bear (2005-2007) was an emo/math-rock band from Gloucester, Massachusetts. Members went on to (temporarily) join L'Antietam and attend Berklee. Their full length can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?gwas2qk8rfgrb
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Black Bear - 40,210 plays
- I Believe In Immediacy - 25,728 plays
- Your Princess Is Priceless - 18,938 plays
- Whistler's Mother's Day - 14,342 plays
- Flicker Wings - 16,829 plays
- I Knew What I Was - 13,351 plays
- In The Arboretum - 14,802 plays
- Australia, Olympia, Poughkeepsie - 17,041 plays
- Those Rusty Drums - 16,858 plays
- Like Venice - 12,547 plays