6 Shouts - 423,665 Scrobbles
Richard "Billy" Vaughn was a singer, multi-instrumentalist and orchestra leader. He was born in Glasgow, Kentucky, where his father was a barber who loved music and inspired Billy to teach himself to play the mandolin at age 3, while suffering a case of the measles. He went on to learn a number of other instruments. In 1941, Vaughn joined the United States National Guard for what had been planned as a one-year assignment, but when World War II broke out, he was sent abroad till the war ended in 1945.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sail Along Silvery Moon - (2:08) - 1,444 plays
- Wheels - (2:17) - 1,262 plays
- A Swingin' Safari - (2:30) - 657 plays
- Sail Along Silv'ry Moon - (2:21) - 556 plays
- La Paloma - (2:44) - 670 plays
- Melody of Love - (3:02) - 456 plays
- Strangers In the Night - (1:46) - 422 plays
- Blue Hawaii - (2:15) - 344 plays
- Auld Lang Syne - (2:50) - 257 plays
- Jingle Bells - (1:39) - 229 plays