Billy Lee Riley
14 Shouts - 237,481 Scrobbles
Billy Lee Riley (born October 5, 1933 - August 2, 2009 ) was a first generation Rockabilly musician, singer, record producer and songwriter who died in Jonesboro Arkansas. Born in Pocahontas, Arkansas, the son of a sharecropper, Riley learned to play guitar from black farm workers. After 4 years in the Army, Riley first recorded in Memphis, Tennessee in 1955 before being lured to Sun Studios by Sam Phillips. He recorded "Trouble Bound" for Jack Clement and Slim Wallace. Sam Phillips obtained the rights and he released "Trouble Bound" b/w ""Rock With Me Baby" September 1,1956 (Sun 245).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsMy gal is red hot - your gal aint doodley squat!
Yeah! My gal is red hot - your gal aint doodley squat
Well she aint got money, but man she's really got a lot.
Well I gotta gal, six feet four, sleeps in the kitchen
With her face at the door but,
- Rock With Me Baby - (2:14) - 1,854 plays
- Pearly Lee - (2:37) - 1,019 plays
- Flyin' Saucers Rock 'n' Roll - (2:05) - 1,015 plays
- Flying Saucers Rock 'n' Roll - (2:08) - 666 plays
- No Name Girl - (1:49) - 568 plays
- Swanee River Rock - (2:19) - 509 plays
- Baby Please Don't Go - (2:08) - 506 plays
- Got the Water Boiling - (2:08) - 404 plays
- Trouble Bound - (2:46) - 323 plays