719 Shouts - 25,277,978 Scrobbles
Billy Joel (born William Martin Joel on May 9, 1949 in Bronx, New York, USA) is an American pianist, singer-songwriter, and composer. Since releasing his first hit song, "Piano Man," in 1973, Joel has become a multi-million-selling recording artist. Joel recorded many popular hit songs and albums from 1971 until he stopped recording pop/rock music in 1993. He is one of the very few rock (or even pop) artists to have Top 10 hits in the '70s, '80s, and '90s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsIt's nine o'clock on a Saturday
the regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sitting next to me
Makin' love to his tonic and gin
He says, Son can you play me a memory
- Uptown Girl - (3:37) - 70,472 plays
- LyricsHarry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray,
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio,
Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television
North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe.
Rosenbergs, H-bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
- She's Always a Woman - (3:21) - 48,662 plays
- Just The Way You Are - (4:49) - 44,076 plays
- Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) - (3:29) - 38,391 plays
- The Longest Time - (3:38) - 39,848 plays
- The River of Dreams - (4:05) - 32,855 plays
- Vienna - (3:34) - 41,141 plays
- New York State Of Mind - (6:02) - 30,037 plays