Billy Joe Shaver
27 Shouts - 590,502 Scrobbles
Billy Joe Shaver is an American country music singer/songwriter. He was born August 16, 1939 in Corsicana, Texas. Shaver's 1973 album Old Five and Dimers Like Me is a classic in the outlaw country genre. Shaver was raised by his mother, Victory Watson Shaver, after his father Virgil left the family before he was born. Until he was 12, he spent a great deal of time with his grandmother in Waco, Texas so that his mother could work. He sometimes accompanied his mother to her job at a local nightclub, where he began to be exposed to country music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hard to Be an Outlaw (feat. Willie Nelson) - (3:06) - 2,767 plays
- LyricsI'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna cross that river
I'm gonna catch tomorrow now
You're gonna want to hold me
Just like I always told you
- LyricsOn a rainy, windy morning that's the day that I was born on
In the old sharecroppers one room country shack
They say my mammy left me, same day that she had me
Said she hit the road and never once looked back
And I just thought I'd mention, my Grandma's old age pension
- LyricsWay down in Virginia
Amongst the tall grown sugar canes
Lived a simple man and a dominiker hen
And a rose of a different name.
Well, the first time I felt lightning
- The Git Go - (4:00) - 506 plays
- Last Call for Alcohol - (3:56) - 463 plays
- Long in the Tooth - (3:19) - 472 plays
- The Devil Made Me Do It the First Time - (2:13) - 379 plays
- I Been to Georgia on a Fast Train - (2:57) - 573 plays
- Old Chunk of Coal - (2:36) - 414 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online