Billy Joe Shaver
26 Shouts - 563,387 Scrobbles
Billy Joe Shaver is an American country music singer/songwriter. He was born August 16, 1939 in Corsicana, Texas. Shaver's 1973 album Old Five and Dimers Like Me is a classic in the outlaw country genre. Shaver was raised by his mother, Victory Watson Shaver, after his father Virgil left the family before he was born. Until he was 12, he spent a great deal of time with his grandmother in Waco, Texas so that his mother could work. He sometimes accompanied his mother to her job at a local nightclub, where he began to be exposed to country music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna cross that river
I'm gonna catch tomorrow now
You're gonna want to hold me
Just like I always told you
- Georgia on a Fast Train - (2:56) - 1,569 plays
- LyricsWay down in Virginia
Amongst the tall grown sugar canes
Lived a simple man and a dominiker hen
And a rose of a different name.
Well, the first time I felt lightning
- Honky Tonk Heroes - (3:24) - 674 plays
- I Been to Georgia on a Fast Train - (2:57) - 537 plays
- You Asked Me To - (4:04) - 505 plays
- The Devil Made Me Do It the First Time - (2:13) - 391 plays
- Old Chunk of Coal - (2:36) - 505 plays
- Ride Me Down Easy - (2:36) - 519 plays
- Freedom's Child - (3:45) - 318 plays