Billy Joe Shaver
26 Shouts - 548,998 Scrobbles
Billy Joe Shaver is an American country music singer/songwriter. He was born August 16, 1939 in Corsicana, Texas. Shaver's 1973 album Old Five and Dimers Like Me is a classic in the outlaw country genre. Shaver was raised by his mother, Victory Watson Shaver, after his father Virgil left the family before he was born. Until he was 12, he spent a great deal of time with his grandmother in Waco, Texas so that his mother could work. He sometimes accompanied his mother to her job at a local nightclub, where he began to be exposed to country music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Live Forever - (3:07) - 2,368 plays
- Georgia on a Fast Train - (2:56) - 1,854 plays
- Black Rose - (2:30) - 1,624 plays
- Old Chunk of Coal - (2:36) - 1,142 plays
- I Been to Georgia on a Fast Train - (2:57) - 994 plays
- Honky Tonk Heroes - (3:24) - 864 plays
- You Asked Me To - (4:04) - 693 plays
- Try And Try Again - (3:37) - 744 plays
- Freedom's Child - (3:45) - 647 plays
- The Devil Made Me Do It the First Time - (2:13) - 556 plays