25 Shouts - 364,726 Scrobbles
Billy Fury was born Ronald Wycherley in Liverpool, England. He was a sickly child who experienced his first bout of rheumatic fever at age six. That began chronic health problems which eventually took his life before age 45. Fury began music lessons, on the piano, at age 11. He got his first guitar at age 14. By 1955, the skiffle music boom had begun in England and Fury was leading his own local group, while still working on a tugboat and/or as a stevedore. By 1958, he had won a talent competition and had begun to write his own songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Halfway to Paradise - (2:23) - 3,745 plays
- Wondrous Place - (2:27) - 2,611 plays
- Maybe Tomorrow - (1:45) - 1,791 plays
- I'd Never Find Another You - (2:40) - 1,144 plays
- A Thousand Stars - (3:04) - 1,122 plays
- Jealousy - (2:49) - 912 plays
- Like I've Never Been Gone - (2:12) - 979 plays
- Last Night Was Made for Love - (2:17) - 859 plays
- It's Only Make Believe - (2:29) - 874 plays
- I Will - (2:29) - 777 plays