26 Shouts - 378,262 Scrobbles
Billy Fury was born Ronald Wycherley in Liverpool, England. He was a sickly child who experienced his first bout of rheumatic fever at age six. That began chronic health problems which eventually took his life before age 45. Fury began music lessons, on the piano, at age 11. He got his first guitar at age 14. By 1955, the skiffle music boom had begun in England and Fury was leading his own local group, while still working on a tugboat and/or as a stevedore. By 1958, he had won a talent competition and had begun to write his own songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Halfway To Paradise - (2:25) - 3,836 plays
- Wondrous Place - (2:24) - 2,691 plays
- Maybe Tomorrow - (1:45) - 1,752 plays
- I'd Never Find Another You - (2:41) - 1,249 plays
- A Thousand Stars - (3:04) - 1,109 plays
- Jealousy - (2:49) - 925 plays
- Like I've Never Been Gone - (2:12) - 957 plays
- It's Only Make Believe - (2:29) - 872 plays
- Last Night Was Made For Love - (2:18) - 798 plays
- When Will You Say I Love You - (2:25) - 781 plays