27 Shouts - 397,148 Scrobbles
Billy Fury was born Ronald Wycherley in Liverpool, England. He was a sickly child who experienced his first bout of rheumatic fever at age six. That began chronic health problems which eventually took his life before age 45. Fury began music lessons, on the piano, at age 11. He got his first guitar at age 14. By 1955, the skiffle music boom had begun in England and Fury was leading his own local group, while still working on a tugboat and/or as a stevedore. By 1958, he had won a talent competition and had begun to write his own songs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Halfway to Paradise - (2:25) - 3,281 plays
- Wondrous Place - (2:27) - 2,278 plays
- Maybe Tomorrow - (1:45) - 1,191 plays
- Jealousy - (2:49) - 773 plays
- I'd Never Find Another You - (2:41) - 895 plays
- A Thousand Stars - (3:04) - 789 plays
- When Will You Say I Love You - (2:25) - 546 plays
- Like I've Never Been Gone - (2:12) - 716 plays
- Once Upon a Dream - (1:53) - 604 plays
- Last Night Was Made For Love - (2:17) - 503 plays