6 Shouts - 181,408 Scrobbles
Billy Dean (born William Harold Dean, Jr., April 2, 1962 in Quincy, Florida) is an American country music singer and songwriter, who first gained national attention after appearing on the television talent competition Star Search. Active as a recording artist since 1991, he has recorded a total of eight studio albums, and has charted more than twenty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. His biggest solo hits are "Only Here for a Little While", "Somewhere in My Broken Heart", and "If There Hadn't Been You", all reached peaks of #3 on the country music charts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsStrapped on my holster low across my hips
Two Colt .45's with white plastic grips
And I'd head west through our neighborhood
And they'd say, "Here comes young Billy and he's up to no good"
I rode a trail through the neighbor's back yard
- LyricsYou made up your mind
It was time it was over
After we had come so far
And I think there's enough
Pieces of forgiveness
- LyricsI can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand
Felt so good in it, no bigger than a minute
How it amazes me, you're changing with every blink
Faster than a flower blooms they grow up all too soon
So, let them be little 'cause they're only that way for awhile
- LyricsI'm gonna hold who needs holdin'
Mend what needs mendin'
Walk what needs walkin'
Though it means an extra mile
Pray what needs prayin'
- LyricsA man filled with doubt, down and out and so alone
A ship tossed and turned, lost and yearning for a home
A survivor barely surviving, not really sure of his next move
All of this, I would have been if there hadn't been you
If there hadn't been you where would I be
- We Just Disagree - (3:22) - 302 plays
- Only The Wind - (3:40) - 137 plays
- Tryin' To Hide A Fire In The Dark - (3:37) - 133 plays
- Thank God I'm a Country Boy - (2:56) - 187 plays
- Once In A While - (3:52) - 150 plays