90 Shouts - 1,130,568 Scrobbles
Billy Cobham, born May 16, 1944 in Panama, is one of the world’s most influential drummers, best known for his jazz fusion in the 1970s, with John McLaughlin’s Mahavishnu Orchestra, where he pioneered a powerful style of drumming with jazz, rock and funk influences. He is the first drummer to unseat Buddy Rich in the Down Beat music polls. Cobham has played and recorded with hundreds of top musicians, including Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard, Larry Coryell, and Horace Silver; and is famous for his explosive, fast, spectacular playing.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Stratus - (6:30) - 7,112 plays
- Heather - (8:39) - 3,611 plays
- Red Baron - (7:42) - 3,789 plays
- Quadrant 4 - (4:21) - 2,953 plays
- Spectrum - (2:32) - 1,978 plays
- Le Lis - (3:20) - 1,361 plays
- Taurian Matador - (6:09) - 1,029 plays
- Searching For The Right Door - (6:33) - 975 plays
- Snoopy's Search - (7:36) - 836 plays
- To The Women In My Life - (0:50) - 815 plays