Billy Bragg & Wilco
47 Shouts - 3,703,930 Scrobbles
The British singer Billy Bragg and the American band Wilco collaborated to put to music and perform previously unheard lyrics written by American folk singer Woody Guthrie. The project was organized by Guthrie's daughter, Nora Guthrie. The ensuing album "Mermaid Avenue" was released on the Elektra Records label on June 23, 1998. A second volume of recordings, "Mermaid Avenue Vol. II", followed in 2000. The projects are named after a song "Mermaid's Avenue" written by Guthrie. This was also the street in Coney Island, Brooklyn, New York on which Guthrie lived.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- California Stars - (4:58) - 11,373 plays
- Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key - (4:06) - 7,782 plays
- Walt Whitman's Niece - (3:54) - 4,668 plays
- Ingrid Bergman - (1:50) - 4,223 plays
- At My Window Sad and Lonely - (3:28) - 4,195 plays
- Hesitating Beauty - (3:06) - 4,059 plays
- One by One - (3:26) - 3,994 plays
- She Came Along to Me - (3:28) - 3,397 plays
- Birds and Ships - (2:15) - 3,740 plays
- Christ for President - (2:42) - 3,141 plays