12 Shouts - 16,768 Scrobbles
Billy Bang (b. William Vincent Walker, Mobile, Alabama, September 20, 1947 & died on Apr 11th 2011) was an American free jazz violinist and composer. Bang's family moved to New York City's Bronx neighborhood while he was still an infant, and as a child he attended a special school for musicians in nearby Harlem. At that school, students were assigned instruments based on their physical size. Bang was fairly small, so he received a violin instead of either of his first choices, the saxophone or the drums.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Yo! Ho Chi Minh Is in the House - (10:26) - 66 plays
- Moments for the Kiamia - (6:40) - 39 plays
- Fire in the Hole - (7:04) - 26 plays
- Waltz of the Water Puppets - (6:49) - 23 plays
- Ly Ngua O - (2:20) - 38 plays
- Lock & Load - (12:38) - 23 plays
- Saigon Phunk - (12:01) - 27 plays
- TET Offensive - (8:58) - 30 plays
- Ru Con - (3:23) - 25 plays
- Doi Moi - (9:23) - 23 plays