Billie Jo Spears
12 Shouts - 256,563 Scrobbles
Billie Jo Spears (born January 14, 1937 in Beaumont, Texas as Billie Jean Spears, died December 14, 2011 in VIdor, Texas) was a country music singer who was particularly popular in the 1970s. Spears moved from Texas to Nashville in 1964. She earned a Capitol Records contract in 1968. Her first hit was 1969's "Mr. Walker, It's All Over." Spears won country fans over with her tough, bluesy style; however, it was not until 1975's "Blanket on the Ground" that she broke through to major stardom. The song hit number one on the country charts in the United States.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blanket on the Ground - (3:35) - 4,057 plays
- What I've Got in Mind - (2:54) - 923 plays
- Fever - (2:58) - 593 plays
- '57 Chevrolet - (2:31) - 386 plays
- I'm so Lonesome I Could Cry - (2:27) - 343 plays
- Sing Me An Old Fashioned Song - (3:20) - 245 plays
- Mr. Walker, It's All Over - (3:00) - 218 plays
- Misty Blue - (2:41) - 263 plays
- Dallas - (2:50) - 198 plays
- I Will Survive - (3:10) - 89 plays