780 Shouts - 23,768,100 Scrobbles
Billie Holiday (Eleanora Fagan Gough, Philadelphia, PA, April 7, 1915 – New York City, NY, July 17, 1959) was an American jazz singer and songwriter. Nicknamed Lady Day by her loyal friend and musical partner Lester Young, Holiday was a highly original influence on jazz and pop singing. Her vocal style, strongly inspired by jazz instrumentalists, pioneered a new way of manipulating phrasing and tempo. Above all, she was admired for her deeply personal and intimate approach to singing.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Strange Fruit - (5:47) - 35,760 plays
- Summertime - (2:49) - 23,439 plays
- All Of Me - (3:02) - 23,964 plays
- Easy Living - (3:03) - 25,217 plays
- God Bless the Child - (15:41) - 20,541 plays
- The Way You Look Tonight - (3:02) - 12,995 plays
- I'm a Fool to Want You - (3:25) - 16,122 plays
- My Man - (2:52) - 13,545 plays
- Gloomy Sunday - (3:09) - 17,021 plays
- Crazy He Calls Me - (3:05) - 13,785 plays