1 Shouts - 7,561 Scrobbles
Country music artist and North Carolina native Bill Phillips passed away on Monday, August 23, 2010, at the age of 74.
Phillips was born in Canton, North Carolina on January 28, 1936. He began playing music at an early age but did not get his break into the industry until he joined the Old Southern Jamboree in Miami, Florida in 1955. The Old Southern Jamboree, like so many other programs of its day, was a regular dose of live Country music broadcast over the airways, not unlike that of Knoxville's Midday Merry Go Round and Wheeling's Wheeling Jamboree.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Put It Off Until Tomorrow - (2:32) - 190 plays
- The Old Rugged Cross - (3:31) - 65 plays
- The Company You Keep - (2:03) - 53 plays
- Little Boy Sad - (1:51) - 34 plays
- There's A Change In Me - (2:05) - 20 plays
- Hard Times - (2:13) - 19 plays
- I Saw The Light - (2:36) - 23 plays
- Willow Garden - (2:29) - 8 plays
- Red Rocking Chair - (2:33) - 13 plays
- Wayfaring Stranger - (5:14) - 19 plays