Big Mama Thornton
57 Shouts - 714,257 Scrobbles
Big Mama Thornton (Willie Mae Thornton, December 11, 1926, Montgomery, AL - July 25, 1984, Los Angeles, CA) was an American blues musician. Her introduction to music, as with most fellow blues legends, started in the Baptist church. The daughter of a minister, she and her six siblings began to sing at a very early age. While still a child, Willie Mae taught herself to play the drums and harmonica, and by the age of 14, she had run away from home to make her career in secular music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou ain't nothing but a hound dog
Been snoopin' 'round the door
You ain't nothing but a hound dog
Been snoopin' 'round my door
You can wag your tail
- They Call Me Big Mama - (2:04) - 1,975 plays
- I'm Feeling Alright - (3:01) - 1,004 plays
- I Smell A Rat - (1:42) - 1,126 plays
- Sweet Little Angel - (5:55) - 938 plays
- Little Red Rooster - (5:51) - 811 plays
- Ball n' Chain - (4:29) - 729 plays
- everything gonna be alright - (5:06) - 660 plays
- Sometimes I Have A Heartache - (3:49) - 696 plays
- Wade in the Water - (2:55) - 626 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online