Big Mama Thornton
55 Shouts - 675,045 Scrobbles
Big Mama Thornton (Willie Mae Thornton, December 11, 1926, Montgomery, AL - July 25, 1984, Los Angeles, CA) was an American blues musician. Her introduction to music, as with most fellow blues legends, started in the Baptist church. The daughter of a minister, she and her six siblings began to sing at a very early age. While still a child, Willie Mae taught herself to play the drums and harmonica, and by the age of 14, she had run away from home to make her career in secular music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hound Dog - (2:58) - 13,541 plays
- They Call Me Big Mama - (2:04) - 1,733 plays
- Ball and Chain - (7:15) - 1,388 plays
- Little Red Rooster - (6:26) - 1,032 plays
- I Smell A Rat - (1:42) - 2,030 plays
- I'm Feeling Alright - (3:01) - 928 plays
- Sweet Little Angel - (6:42) - 813 plays
- Walking Blues - (3:01) - 661 plays
- Wade in the Water - (5:33) - 757 plays
- everything gonna be alright - (5:06) - 597 plays