Big Mama Thornton
55 Shouts - 673,692 Scrobbles
Big Mama Thornton (Willie Mae Thornton, December 11, 1926, Montgomery, AL - July 25, 1984, Los Angeles, CA) was an American blues musician. Her introduction to music, as with most fellow blues legends, started in the Baptist church. The daughter of a minister, she and her six siblings began to sing at a very early age. While still a child, Willie Mae taught herself to play the drums and harmonica, and by the age of 14, she had run away from home to make her career in secular music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hound Dog - (2:49) - 12,636 plays
- They Call Me Big Mama - (2:04) - 1,499 plays
- Ball and Chain - (7:29) - 1,089 plays
- Little Red Rooster - (5:51) - 962 plays
- I Smell a Rat - (1:42) - 1,799 plays
- Sweet Little Angel - (5:55) - 934 plays
- I'm Feeling Alright - (3:01) - 931 plays
- Sometimes I Have A Heartache - (3:49) - 639 plays
- Wade in the Water - (2:55) - 698 plays
- Ball n' Chain - (4:29) - 639 plays