Big Joe Turner
19 Shouts - 595,699 Scrobbles
Big Joe Turner (Joseph Vernon Turner Jr., Kansas City, Missouri, May 18, 1911 – Inglewood, California, November 24, 1985) was an American blues shouter. Although he came to his greatest fame in the 1950s with his pioneering rock and roll recordings, particularly "Shake, Rattle And Roll", Turner's career as a performer stretched from the 1920s into the 1980s.
(for stride pianist Joseph H. Turner (3.11.07-21.7.90) > Joe Turner)
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shake, Rattle And Roll - (3:01) - 4,842 plays
- Shake, Rattle & Roll - (3:00) - 2,181 plays
- Honey Hush - (2:28) - 989 plays
- Flip Flop And Fly - (2:49) - 807 plays
- Roll 'em Pete - (2:54) - 816 plays
- Shake Rattle and Roll - (2:58) - 795 plays
- Chains Of Love - (3:25) - 504 plays
- Sweet Sixteen - (2:56) - 376 plays
- Boogie Woogie Country Girl - (2:40) - 458 plays
- Cherry Red - (3:26) - 419 plays