Big Joe Turner
20 Shouts - 609,134 Scrobbles
Big Joe Turner (Joseph Vernon Turner Jr., Kansas City, Missouri, May 18, 1911 – Inglewood, California, November 24, 1985) was an American blues shouter. Although he came to his greatest fame in the 1950s with his pioneering rock and roll recordings, particularly "Shake, Rattle And Roll", Turner's career as a performer stretched from the 1920s into the 1980s.
(for stride pianist Joseph H. Turner (3.11.07-21.7.90) > Joe Turner)
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shake, Rattle And Roll - (3:01) - 4,129 plays
- LyricsWe are not in a position to display these lyrics due to licensing restrictions. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Honey Hush - (2:28) - 882 plays
- Sweet Sixteen - (2:56) - 569 plays
- Flip Flop And Fly - (2:49) - 676 plays
- The Chill is On - (2:47) - 478 plays
- Shake Rattle and Roll - (2:58) - 609 plays
- Chains of Love - (3:25) - 485 plays
- Roll 'Em Pete - (2:54) - 480 plays
- Corrine Corrina - (2:55) - 445 plays