Big Brother & The Holding Company
137 Shouts - 2,454,256 Scrobbles
Big Brother and the Holding Company is an American rock band that formed in San Francisco in 1965 as part of the same psychedelic music scene that produced the Grateful Dead, Quicksilver Messenger Service and Jefferson Airplane. They are best known as the band that featured Janis Joplin as their lead singer. Their 1968 album "Cheap Thrills" is considered one of the masterpieces of the psychedelic sound of San Francisco; it reached number one on the US Billboard charts, and was ranked number 338 in Rolling Stone's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsOh, come on, come on, come on, come on!
Didn't I make you feel like you were the only man?
And didn't I give you nearly everything that a woman possibly can?
Honey, you know I did!
- Down On Me - (2:45) - 6,781 plays
- Summertime - (4:45) - 8,066 plays
- Combination of the Two - (5:47) - 5,498 plays
- Ball and Chain - (9:28) - 5,121 plays
- I Need a Man to Love - (4:53) - 5,186 plays
- Turtle Blues - (4:21) - 3,720 plays
- Oh, Sweet Mary - (4:14) - 3,025 plays
- Bye, Bye Baby - (2:37) - 2,442 plays
- Call On Me - (3:54) - 2,396 plays