Big Block 454
0 Shouts - 11,036 Scrobbles
Big Block 454 is a semi-amorphous post-modern / situationist neo-dada cross-platform compositional construct from Manchester, England (featuring people from Liverpool, Leeds and Lincolnshire).Read More...
Since forming in Manchester, UK in 1988, Big Block 454 have unleashed a series of albums and multi-media happenings upon an unsuspecting public, combining influences such as Faust, Can, Brian Eno, The Residents, the Bonzo Dog Band, King Crimson and the BBC Radiophonics Workshop - surrealism meets Krautrock meets downright Northern stupidity.
Big Block 454 worked with famed dada artist Russell Mills (Eno / U2 / Nine Inch Nails) on the music for his multi-media project "Measured in Shadows", recording it at Peter Gabriel's Real World Studios.
Big Block 454 have guested on Stuart Maconie's BBC 6 Music radio show The Freak Zone and have been championed by Sunday Times writer/comedian Stewart Lee.
In 2011, the Big Block 454 studio relocated to Hebden Bridge in West Yorkshire.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Foreign Aeroplanes Upset Sleeping Tirana - 893 plays
- I was Arthur Brown's Health & Safety Advisor - 653 plays
- Lush Ulan Bator - 474 plays
- Eating Soap Alone - 317 plays
- Insect With Sinister Dental Work - 338 plays
- I Rue the Day I Went to Bratislava - 206 plays
- Blind Jack of Knaresborough - 237 plays
- Pyjamageddon - 208 plays
- Metal Trees - 225 plays
- I name this child Acker Bilk - 195 plays