Big Bill Broonzy
35 Shouts - 802,817 Scrobbles
"Big Bill" Broonzy was a prolific American blues composer, recorder and performer. "Big Bill" was born William Lee Conley Broonzy in Scott County, Mississippi on June 26, 1893 or 1898 (the exact year is unclear). While Broonzy himself claimed to be born in 1893, another source claims that Broonzy had a twin sister named Lannie Broonzy who had proof they were born on June 26, 1898. During this time, it was common for black men to add years to their actual age in order to get a job or join the military, which may very well have been the case for Broonzy as well.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Key to the Highway - (2:53) - 3,523 plays
- Truckin' Little Woman - (2:40) - 1,388 plays
- Get Back - (3:04) - 1,379 plays
- LyricsLord, my hair's a rising
My flesh begins to crawl
Aw, my hair's a rising
My flesh begin to crawl
I had a dream last night, baby
- LyricsMississippi River Blues 2:39 Trk 4
Bill Broonzy - vocal & guitar, unk. piano
Recorded: Chicago, March 23, 1934
Original issue Bluebird 5535/-80395-1.
- Glory of Love - (2:40) - 1,024 plays
- Bull Cow Blues - (2:51) - 911 plays
- Long Tall Mama - (2:46) - 1,064 plays
- I Can't Be Satisfied - (2:48) - 1,020 plays
- See See Rider - (2:57) - 933 plays