16 Shouts - 230,598 Scrobbles
She grew up in Arcadia, Louisiana, one of 14 children, and moved to Los Angeles, California in 1963. Although some sources state that she was in a vocal group known as The Fawns who recorded for Money Records in 1964, she has refuted this, saying that she sang with a trio in Arcadia by that name. In 1964 she started a solo singing career, as Bettye Swann, at the prompting of local DJ Al Scott, who became her manager.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Make Me Yours - (3:19) - 2,270 plays
- Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye - (3:45) - 1,626 plays
- (My Heart Is) Closed For The Season - (3:01) - 930 plays
- Don't You Ever Get Tired (Of Hurting Me) - (2:54) - 582 plays
- Angel Of The Morning - (2:47) - 687 plays
- Tell It Like It Is - (2:55) - 563 plays
- Today I Started Loving You Again - (2:39) - 512 plays
- I'm Lonely For You - (2:42) - 566 plays
- Don't Touch Me - (2:33) - 432 plays
- Just Because You Can't Be Mine - (2:36) - 406 plays