37 Shouts - 595,188 Scrobbles
Betty Wright (born December 21, 1953, in Miami, Florida) is a soul and R&B singer, who influenced a generation of female singer-songwriters and also influenced the world of hip hop, who sampled some of her more famous material. Born singing gospel with the family group, the Echoes of Joy, Wright began switching to R&B music in 1965 when she was only 11. In 1968, she released her first album, My First Time Around, at the age of 15, and scored her first hit, "Girls Can't Do What Guys Can Do". But it was not until the end of 1971 that Wright's most successful phase of her career took place.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsA clean up woman, is a woman who gets all the love
We girls leave behind the reason I know
So much about her, is because she picked up a man of mine
Chumpin' slick was my ruin 'cause I found out all I was doin'
I was makin' it easy for the clean up woman
- Tonight Is The Night - (4:07) - 1,902 plays
- Old Songs - (5:38) - 936 plays
- Girls Can't Do What the Guys Do - (2:06) - 1,019 plays
- LyricsBetty Wright ft Snoop Dogg, The Roots - Real Woman
Betty Wright ft Snoop Dogg, The Roots - Real Woman
- I Love the Way You Love - (3:02) - 628 plays
- Where Is The Love - (4:01) - 434 plays
- Shoo-Rah! Shoo-Rah! - (2:51) - 518 plays
- Surrender - (5:07) - 345 plays
- Look Around (Be A Man) - (5:07) - 332 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online