37 Shouts - 472,225 Scrobbles
Betty Wright (born December 21, 1953, in Miami, Florida) is a soul and R&B singer, who influenced a generation of female singer-songwriters and also influenced the world of hip hop, who sampled some of her more famous material. Born singing gospel with the family group, the Echoes of Joy, Wright began switching to R&B music in 1965 when she was only 11. In 1968, she released her first album, My First Time Around, at the age of 15, and scored her first hit, "Girls Can't Do What Guys Can Do". But it was not until the end of 1971 that Wright's most successful phase of her career took place.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsA clean up woman, is a woman who gets all the love
We girls leave behind the reason I know
So much about her, is because she picked up a man of mine
Chumpin' slick was my ruin 'cause I found out all I was doin'
I was makin' it easy for the clean up woman
- Tonight Is The Night - (4:07) - 2,354 plays
- Old Songs - (5:38) - 1,282 plays
- Girls Can't Do What the Guys Do - (2:04) - 1,177 plays
- Where Is The Love - (4:01) - 762 plays
- Shoo-Rah! Shoo-Rah! - (2:51) - 959 plays
- Secretary - (2:53) - 664 plays
- Real Woman - (5:35) - 645 plays
- I Love the Way You Love - (3:02) - 645 plays
- Grapes On A Vine - (5:16) - 503 plays