37 Shouts - 558,788 Scrobbles
Betty Wright (born December 21, 1953, in Miami, Florida) is a soul and R&B singer, who influenced a generation of female singer-songwriters and also influenced the world of hip hop, who sampled some of her more famous material. Born singing gospel with the family group, the Echoes of Joy, Wright began switching to R&B music in 1965 when she was only 11. In 1968, she released her first album, My First Time Around, at the age of 15, and scored her first hit, "Girls Can't Do What Guys Can Do". But it was not until the end of 1971 that Wright's most successful phase of her career took place.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Clean Up Woman - (2:48) - 9,884 plays
- Tonight Is The Night - (4:07) - 1,615 plays
- Old Songs - (5:38) - 1,318 plays
- Girls Can't Do What the Guys Do - (2:06) - 1,074 plays
- LyricsBetty Wright ft Snoop Dogg, The Roots - Real Woman
Betty Wright ft Snoop Dogg, The Roots - Real Woman
- Surrender - (5:07) - 511 plays
- Look Around (Be A Man) - (5:07) - 400 plays
- Grapes On A Vine - (5:16) - 401 plays
- In The Middle Of The Game (Don't Change The Play) - (3:54) - 405 plays
- Shoo-Rah! Shoo-Rah! - (2:51) - 562 plays