12 Shouts - 96,281 Scrobbles
BETTY HARRIS: THE TRUE SOUL QUEEN OF NEW ORLEANS Outside of soul fans, or New Orleans aficionados, mentioning the name Betty Harris is likely only to draw blank stares. Yet in a seven year recording career that yielded 8 sides for Jubilee Records, 18 for Sansu and 2 for SSS, Betty Harris left a legacy of soul vocals that rival any of her contemporaries for complexity, imagination and pure soul.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- There's A Break In The Road - (2:45) - 958 plays
- Mean Man - (2:34) - 1,030 plays
- Ride Your Pony - (3:09) - 548 plays
- Cry To Me - (3:11) - 465 plays
- Nearer To You - (2:59) - 344 plays
- Trouble With My Lover - (2:43) - 351 plays
- Break in the Road - (2:41) - 275 plays
- I'm Evil Tonight - (2:25) - 239 plays
- Show It - (3:02) - 224 plays
- I'm Gonna Git Ya - (2:25) - 142 plays