178 Shouts - 990,022 Scrobbles
Betty Davis is a pseudonym of Betty Mabry (b. 26 Jul 1945 in New York City, NY, USA), a funk, rock and soul singer-songwriter. Mabry's début was as a songwriter, with The Chambers Brothers's Uptown (1967, Columbia). When Betty turned sixteen, she moved to New York and met several musicians including Jimi Hendrix and Sly Stone. She met Miles Davis in 1967 and married him in 1968. As he stated in his autobiography, in addition to creating turmoil in his personal life, his wife helped him to explore music by introducing him to psychedelic rock guitarist Hendrix and funk innovator Stone.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- They Say I'm Different - (4:14) - 6,840 plays
- Shoo-B-Doop and Cop Him - (3:56) - 5,686 plays
- Anti Love Song - (4:31) - 2,704 plays
- If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up - (4:59) - 2,396 plays
- Walkin Up The Road - (2:50) - 1,906 plays
- Your Mama Wants Ya Back - (3:26) - 1,787 plays
- He Was a Big Freak - (4:06) - 1,415 plays
- Don't Call Her No Tramp - (4:04) - 1,354 plays
- Game Is My Middle Name - (5:22) - 1,234 plays
- Git In There - (4:44) - 1,129 plays