175 Shouts - 971,430 Scrobbles
Betty Davis is a pseudonym of Betty Mabry (b. 26 Jul 1945 in New York City, NY, USA), a funk, rock and soul singer-songwriter. Mabry's début was as a songwriter, with The Chambers Brothers's Uptown (1967, Columbia). When Betty turned sixteen, she moved to New York and met several musicians including Jimi Hendrix and Sly Stone. She met Miles Davis in 1967 and married him in 1968. As he stated in his autobiography, in addition to creating turmoil in his personal life, his wife helped him to explore music by introducing him to psychedelic rock guitarist Hendrix and funk innovator Stone.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- They Say I'm Different - (4:14) - 4,999 plays
- Shoo-B-Doop and Cop Him - (3:56) - 4,427 plays
- Anti Love Song - (4:31) - 2,332 plays
- If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up - (4:59) - 2,175 plays
- Walkin Up The Road - (2:50) - 1,762 plays
- Your Mama Wants Ya Back - (3:26) - 1,695 plays
- He Was a Big Freak - (4:06) - 1,332 plays
- Don't Call Her No Tramp - (4:04) - 1,277 plays
- Game Is My Middle Name - (5:22) - 1,182 plays
- Git In There - (4:44) - 1,020 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online