171 Shouts - 873,187 Scrobbles
Betty Davis is a pseudonym of Betty Mabry (b. 26 Jul 1945 in New York City, NY, USA), a funk, rock and soul singer-songwriter. Mabry's début was as a songwriter, with The Chambers Brothers's Uptown (1967, Columbia). When Betty turned sixteen, she moved to New York and met several musicians including Jimi Hendrix and Sly Stone. She met Miles Davis in 1967 and married him in 1968. As he stated in his autobiography, in addition to creating turmoil in his personal life, his wife helped him to explore music by introducing him to psychedelic rock guitarist Hendrix and funk innovator Stone.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shoo-B-Doop and Cop Him - (3:56) - 3,568 plays
- If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up - (4:59) - 2,123 plays
- Anti Love Song - (4:31) - 2,229 plays
- Your Mama Wants Ya Back - (3:26) - 1,687 plays
- They Say I'm Different - (4:14) - 1,588 plays
- He Was a Big Freak - (4:06) - 1,341 plays
- Game Is My Middle Name - (5:22) - 1,313 plays
- Don't Call Her No Tramp - (4:04) - 1,208 plays
- Your Man My Man - (3:34) - 1,115 plays
- Git In There - (4:44) - 988 plays
- Rebecca Black Enters Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart With “Saturday”
- Nirvana To Be Inducted Into The Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Eminem ft. Rihanna’s “The Monster”: A Sequel To “Love The Way You Lie”?
- Garth Brooks Rules The Billboard 200 Chart With New Release
- Jay Z Leads The GRAMMYs Nominations Pack With 9 Nods