173 Shouts - 834,346 Scrobbles
Betty Davis (b. 1945) is a U.S. funk, rock and soul singer and songwriter. Born Betty Mabry in New York City, U.S.A., when she turned sixteen she moved to New York and met several musicians including Jimi Hendrix and Sly Stone. She met Miles Davis in 1967 and married him in 1968. As he stated in his autobiography, in addition to creating turmoil in his personal life, his wife helped him to explore music by introducing him to psychedelic rock guitarist Hendrix and funk innovator Stone.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shoo-B-Doop and Cop Him - (3:56) - 6,465 plays
- Anti Love Song - (4:31) - 2,897 plays
- If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up - (4:59) - 2,570 plays
- Your Mama Wants Ya Back - (3:26) - 2,111 plays
- They Say I'm Different - (4:14) - 1,789 plays
- He Was a Big Freak - (4:06) - 1,541 plays
- Game Is My Middle Name - (5:22) - 1,650 plays
- Don't Call Her No Tramp - (4:04) - 1,336 plays
- Git In There - (4:44) - 1,196 plays
- Your Man My Man - (3:34) - 1,284 plays