175 Shouts - 916,746 Scrobbles
Betty Davis is a pseudonym of Betty Mabry (b. 26 Jul 1945 in New York City, NY, USA), a funk, rock and soul singer-songwriter. Mabry's début was as a songwriter, with The Chambers Brothers's Uptown (1967, Columbia). When Betty turned sixteen, she moved to New York and met several musicians including Jimi Hendrix and Sly Stone. She met Miles Davis in 1967 and married him in 1968. As he stated in his autobiography, in addition to creating turmoil in his personal life, his wife helped him to explore music by introducing him to psychedelic rock guitarist Hendrix and funk innovator Stone.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shoo-B-Doop and Cop Him - (3:56) - 4,307 plays
- They Say I'm Different - (4:14) - 2,581 plays
- If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up - (4:59) - 2,099 plays
- Anti Love Song - (4:31) - 1,946 plays
- Your Mama Wants Ya Back - (3:26) - 1,702 plays
- He Was a Big Freak - (4:06) - 1,465 plays
- Don't Call Her No Tramp - (4:04) - 1,368 plays
- Game Is My Middle Name - (5:22) - 1,181 plays
- Git In There - (4:44) - 1,093 plays
- Walkin Up The Road - (2:50) - 1,043 plays