175 Shouts - 945,262 Scrobbles
Betty Davis is a pseudonym of Betty Mabry (b. 26 Jul 1945 in New York City, NY, USA), a funk, rock and soul singer-songwriter. Mabry's début was as a songwriter, with The Chambers Brothers's Uptown (1967, Columbia). When Betty turned sixteen, she moved to New York and met several musicians including Jimi Hendrix and Sly Stone. She met Miles Davis in 1967 and married him in 1968. As he stated in his autobiography, in addition to creating turmoil in his personal life, his wife helped him to explore music by introducing him to psychedelic rock guitarist Hendrix and funk innovator Stone.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- They Say I'm Different - (4:14) - 3,412 plays
- Shoo-B-Doop and Cop Him - (3:56) - 3,455 plays
- If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up - (4:59) - 2,017 plays
- Anti Love Song - (4:31) - 1,967 plays
- Walkin Up The Road - (2:50) - 1,735 plays
- Your Mama Wants Ya Back - (3:26) - 1,665 plays
- He Was a Big Freak - (4:06) - 1,322 plays
- Don't Call Her No Tramp - (4:04) - 1,205 plays
- Git In There - (4:44) - 965 plays
- Game Is My Middle Name - (5:22) - 1,051 plays