175 Shouts - 956,405 Scrobbles
Betty Davis is a pseudonym of Betty Mabry (b. 26 Jul 1945 in New York City, NY, USA), a funk, rock and soul singer-songwriter. Mabry's début was as a songwriter, with The Chambers Brothers's Uptown (1967, Columbia). When Betty turned sixteen, she moved to New York and met several musicians including Jimi Hendrix and Sly Stone. She met Miles Davis in 1967 and married him in 1968. As he stated in his autobiography, in addition to creating turmoil in his personal life, his wife helped him to explore music by introducing him to psychedelic rock guitarist Hendrix and funk innovator Stone.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- They Say I'm Different - (4:14) - 4,032 plays
- Shoo-B-Doop and Cop Him - (3:56) - 3,809 plays
- If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up - (4:59) - 2,115 plays
- Anti Love Song - (4:31) - 2,155 plays
- Walkin Up The Road - (2:50) - 1,700 plays
- Your Mama Wants Ya Back - (3:26) - 1,652 plays
- He Was a Big Freak - (4:06) - 1,311 plays
- Don't Call Her No Tramp - (4:04) - 1,234 plays
- Game Is My Middle Name - (5:22) - 1,131 plays
- Git In There - (4:44) - 977 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online