288 Shouts - 2,159,026 Scrobbles
Herbert Jansch (b. 3rd November 1943 - d. 5th October 2011), commonly known as Bert Jansch, was a Scottish folk musician and founding member of the band The Pentangle. He was born in Glasgow, Scotland and, particularly in his early career, was sometimes characterised as a British Bob Dylan. This, however, was misleading, in that Jansch's best work has always been fundamentally musically-driven, unlike Dylan's, which is more lyrically-based.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- In The Bleak Mid Winter - 2009 - Remaster - (2:24) - 6,038 plays
- Needle Of Death - (3:23) - 7,486 plays
- LyricsStrolling down the highway
I'm gonna get there my way
Dusk till dawn I'm walkin'
Can hear my guitar rocking?
While I stroll on down
- LyricsGreen are your eyes
In the morning, when you arise
Don't you be afraid to lie
By me, my love,
Your father will not know.
- In The Bleak Midwinter - (2:22) - 3,960 plays
- Running From Home - (2:24) - 3,349 plays
- Smokey River - (2:56) - 3,235 plays
- Finches - (0:46) - 2,920 plays
- Veronica - (2:35) - 2,774 plays