Benny Goodman Quartet
2 Shouts - 86,499 Scrobbles
Goodman is also responsible for a significant step in racial integration in America. In the early 1930s, black and white jazz musicians could not play together in most clubs or concerts. In the Southern states, racial segregation was enforced by the Jim Crow laws. Benny Goodman broke with tradition by hiring Teddy Wilson to play with him and drummer Gene Krupa in the Benny Goodman Trio. In 1936, he added Lionel Hampton on vibes to form the Benny Goodman Quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Moonglow - (3:25) - 1,349 plays
- Whispering - (3:22) - 791 plays
- The Man I Love - 1996 Remastered - (1:10) - 382 plays
- Runnin' Wild - 1996 Remastered - (2:37) - 169 plays
- I've Got A Heartful Of Music - (2:10) - 1,729 plays
- Moonglow - Take 2 - (3:12) - 230 plays
- Body and Soul (Radio Days / Días de Radio) - (3:12) - 148 plays
- Avalon - (2:52) - 131 plays
- Runnin' Wild - (2:38) - 131 plays
- Man I Love - (3:30) - 113 plays