Benny Goodman Quartet
2 Shouts - 84,258 Scrobbles
Goodman is also responsible for a significant step in racial integration in America. In the early 1930s, black and white jazz musicians could not play together in most clubs or concerts. In the Southern states, racial segregation was enforced by the Jim Crow laws. Benny Goodman broke with tradition by hiring Teddy Wilson to play with him and drummer Gene Krupa in the Benny Goodman Trio. In 1936, he added Lionel Hampton on vibes to form the Benny Goodman Quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Moonglow - (3:25) - 1,195 plays
- Whispering - (3:22) - 801 plays
- The Man I Love - 1996 Remastered - (1:10) - 394 plays
- Body and Soul (Radio Days / Días de Radio) - (3:12) - 231 plays
- Runnin' Wild - 1996 Remastered - (2:37) - 168 plays
- Moonglow - Take 2 - (3:12) - 257 plays
- Whispering (Mighty Aphrodite / Poderosa Afrodita) - (3:24) - 145 plays
- Man I Love - (3:30) - 133 plays
- I've Got A Heartful Of Music - (2:10) - 1,310 plays
- Avalon - (2:52) - 138 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online