Benny Goodman Quartet
2 Shouts - 80,287 Scrobbles
Goodman is also responsible for a significant step in racial integration in America. In the early 1930s, black and white jazz musicians could not play together in most clubs or concerts. In the Southern states, racial segregation was enforced by the Jim Crow laws. Benny Goodman broke with tradition by hiring Teddy Wilson to play with him and drummer Gene Krupa in the Benny Goodman Trio. In 1936, he added Lionel Hampton on vibes to form the Benny Goodman Quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Whispering - (3:22) - 755 plays
- Moonglow - (3:25) - 623 plays
- The Man I Love - 1996 Remastered - (1:10) - 391 plays
- Body and Soul (Radio Days / Días de Radio) - (3:12) - 194 plays
- Runnin' Wild - 1996 Remastered - (2:37) - 160 plays
- Moonglow - Take 2 - (3:12) - 280 plays
- Whispering (Mighty Aphrodite / Poderosa Afrodita) - (3:24) - 129 plays
- Man I Love - (3:30) - 142 plays
- Avalon - (2:52) - 116 plays
- I've Got A Heartful Of Music - (2:10) - 644 plays