Benny Goodman Quartet
2 Shouts - 67,608 Scrobbles
Goodman is also responsible for a significant step in racial integration in America. In the early 1930s, black and white jazz musicians could not play together in most clubs or concerts. In the Southern states, racial segregation was enforced by the Jim Crow laws. Benny Goodman broke with tradition by hiring Teddy Wilson to play with him and drummer Gene Krupa in the Benny Goodman Trio. In 1936, he added Lionel Hampton on vibes to form the Benny Goodman Quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Whispering - (3:22) - 1,207 plays
- The Man I Love - 1996 Remastered - (1:10) - 428 plays
- Moonglow - (3:25) - 449 plays
- Man I Love - (3:30) - 294 plays
- Runnin' Wild - 1996 Remastered - (2:37) - 310 plays
- Moonglow - Take 2 - (3:12) - 359 plays
- Body and Soul (Radio Days / Días de Radio) - (3:12) - 303 plays
- Runnin' Wild - (2:38) - 227 plays
- Avalon - (2:52) - 178 plays
- Whispering (Mighty Aphrodite / Poderosa Afrodita) - (3:24) - 244 plays