Benny Goodman Quartet
2 Shouts - 77,813 Scrobbles
Goodman is also responsible for a significant step in racial integration in America. In the early 1930s, black and white jazz musicians could not play together in most clubs or concerts. In the Southern states, racial segregation was enforced by the Jim Crow laws. Benny Goodman broke with tradition by hiring Teddy Wilson to play with him and drummer Gene Krupa in the Benny Goodman Trio. In 1936, he added Lionel Hampton on vibes to form the Benny Goodman Quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Whispering - (3:22) - 784 plays
- Moonglow - (3:25) - 582 plays
- The Man I Love - 1996 Remastered - (1:10) - 433 plays
- Runnin' Wild - 1996 Remastered - (2:37) - 191 plays
- Moonglow - Take 2 - (3:12) - 266 plays
- Body and Soul (Radio Days / Días de Radio) - (3:12) - 193 plays
- Man I Love - (3:30) - 142 plays
- Whispering (Mighty Aphrodite / Poderosa Afrodita) - (3:24) - 134 plays
- Moonglow - Take 1 - (3:24) - 109 plays
- Avalon - (2:52) - 98 plays