Benny Goodman Quartet
2 Shouts - 82,748 Scrobbles
Goodman is also responsible for a significant step in racial integration in America. In the early 1930s, black and white jazz musicians could not play together in most clubs or concerts. In the Southern states, racial segregation was enforced by the Jim Crow laws. Benny Goodman broke with tradition by hiring Teddy Wilson to play with him and drummer Gene Krupa in the Benny Goodman Trio. In 1936, he added Lionel Hampton on vibes to form the Benny Goodman Quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Whispering - (3:22) - 769 plays
- Moonglow - (3:25) - 696 plays
- The Man I Love - 1996 Remastered - (1:10) - 393 plays
- Body and Soul (Radio Days / Días de Radio) - (3:12) - 231 plays
- Runnin' Wild - 1996 Remastered - (2:37) - 166 plays
- Moonglow - Take 2 - (3:12) - 253 plays
- Whispering (Mighty Aphrodite / Poderosa Afrodita) - (3:24) - 147 plays
- Man I Love - (3:30) - 136 plays
- Avalon - (2:52) - 130 plays
- I've Got A Heartful Of Music - (2:10) - 946 plays