Benny Goodman Quartet
1 Shouts - 60,158 Scrobbles
Goodman is also responsible for a significant step in racial integration in America. In the early 1930s, black and white jazz musicians could not play together in most clubs or concerts. In the Southern states, racial segregation was enforced by the Jim Crow laws. Benny Goodman broke with tradition by hiring Teddy Wilson to play with him and drummer Gene Krupa in the Benny Goodman Trio. In 1936, he added Lionel Hampton on vibes to form the Benny Goodman Quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Whispering - (3:22) - 1,927 plays
- Moonglow - (3:25) - 469 plays
- Moonglow - 1996 Remastered - Take 2 - (3:24) - 490 plays
- Runnin' Wild - (2:38) - 379 plays
- Liza - (3:24) - 245 plays
- Avalon - (2:52) - 263 plays
- Man I Love - (3:30) - 280 plays
- Runnin' Wild - 1996 Remastered - (2:37) - 224 plays
- Moonglow - Previously Unissued - (3:12) - 213 plays
- The Man I Love - (3:27) - 180 plays