Benny Goodman Quartet
2 Shouts - 60,944 Scrobbles
Goodman is also responsible for a significant step in racial integration in America. In the early 1930s, black and white jazz musicians could not play together in most clubs or concerts. In the Southern states, racial segregation was enforced by the Jim Crow laws. Benny Goodman broke with tradition by hiring Teddy Wilson to play with him and drummer Gene Krupa in the Benny Goodman Trio. In 1936, he added Lionel Hampton on vibes to form the Benny Goodman Quartet.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Whispering - (3:22) - 1,734 plays
- Moonglow - (3:25) - 444 plays
- Moonglow - 1996 Remastered - Take 2 - (3:24) - 446 plays
- Liza - (3:24) - 266 plays
- Runnin' Wild - (2:38) - 346 plays
- Moonglow - Previously Unissued - (3:12) - 270 plays
- Runnin' Wild - 1996 Remastered - (2:37) - 264 plays
- Avalon - (2:52) - 246 plays
- Man I Love - (3:30) - 273 plays
- Dinah - (2:41) - 205 plays