112 Shouts - 3,804,890 Scrobbles
Benny Goodman, born Benjamin David Goodman, (May 30, 1909 – June 13, 1986) was an American jazz musician, known as King of Swing, Patriarch of the Clarinet, The Professor, and Swing's Senior Statesman. Goodman was regarded by some as a demanding taskmaster, by others an arrogant and eccentric martinet. Many musicians spoke of The Ray, Goodman's trademark glare that he bestowed on a musician who failed to perform to his demanding standards.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sing, Sing, Sing - (2:48) - 13,678 plays
- Stompin' at the Savoy - (3:14) - 7,147 plays
- King porter stomp - (3:27) - 5,601 plays
- Bugle call rag - (2:33) - 5,394 plays
- Let's dance - (0:45) - 4,804 plays
- One O'clock Jump - (3:16) - 4,199 plays
- Chicago - (1:44) - 4,047 plays
- Don't Be That Way - (4:27) - 4,110 plays
- All the Cats Join in - (2:51) - 3,471 plays
- Moonglow - (7:01) - 3,808 plays