9 Shouts - 188,064 Scrobbles
Benny Golson (born January 25, 1929) is an American bebop/hard bop jazz tenor saxophonist, composer, and arranger. While in high school in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Golson played with several other promising young musicians, including John Coltrane, Red Garland, Jimmy Heath, Percy Heath, Philly Joe Jones, and Red Rodney. After graduating from Howard University Golson joined Bull Moose Jackson's rhythm and blues band; Tadd Dameron, whom Golson came to consider the most important influence on his writing, was Jackson's pianist at the time.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Killer Joe - (6:53) - 2,286 plays
- Whisper Not - (5:59) - 678 plays
- I'm Always Dancin' to the Music - (6:18) - 520 plays
- Dear Kathy - (4:49) - 639 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (4:45) - 422 plays
- Yesterdays - (5:54) - 198 plays
- Autumn Leaves - (4:37) - 243 plays
- Blues After Dark - (8:37) - 206 plays
- Park Avenue Petite - (7:46) - 246 plays
- Just By Myself - (5:50) - 194 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online