9 Shouts - 193,077 Scrobbles
Benny Golson (born January 25, 1929) is an American bebop/hard bop jazz tenor saxophonist, composer, and arranger. While in high school in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Golson played with several other promising young musicians, including John Coltrane, Red Garland, Jimmy Heath, Percy Heath, Philly Joe Jones, and Red Rodney. After graduating from Howard University Golson joined Bull Moose Jackson's rhythm and blues band; Tadd Dameron, whom Golson came to consider the most important influence on his writing, was Jackson's pianist at the time.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Killer Joe - (6:53) - 2,670 plays
- Whisper Not - (5:59) - 725 plays
- I'm Always Dancin' to the Music - (6:18) - 686 plays
- Dear Kathy - (4:49) - 647 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (4:45) - 446 plays
- Park Avenue Petite - (7:46) - 333 plays
- Yesterdays - (5:54) - 257 plays
- Autumn Leaves - (4:37) - 264 plays
- Cherry - (8:31) - 294 plays
- Blues After Dark - (8:37) - 189 plays