8 Shouts - 144,950 Scrobbles
Benny Golson (born January 25, 1929) is an American jazz tenor saxophonist, composer, and arranger. While in high school in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Golson played with several other promising young musicians, including John Coltrane, Red Garland, Jimmy Heath, Percy Heath, Philly Joe Jones, and Red Rodney. After graduating from Howard University Golson joined Bull Moose Jackson's rhythm and blues band; Tadd Dameron, whom Golson came to consider the most important influence on his writing, was Jackson's pianist at the time.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Killer Joe - (6:53) - 1,537 plays
- Whisper Not - (4:35) - 609 plays
- I'm Always Dancin' To The Music - (6:19) - 528 plays
- I Remember Clifford - (4:46) - 482 plays
- Dear Kathy - (4:50) - 616 plays
- Cherry - (8:32) - 284 plays
- Music To Think By - (2:38) - 248 plays
- Out of the Past - (11:20) - 196 plays
- Just By Myself - (4:08) - 168 plays
- I Didn't Know What Time It Was - (5:25) - 308 plays