58 Shouts - 698,924 Scrobbles
Edward Benjamin Britten, Baron Britten of Aldeburgh, OM (1913–1976) was a British composer, conductor, and pianist. Britten was born on 22nd November 1913 in Lowestoft in Suffolk, the son of a dentist and a talented amateur musician. He began composing prolifically as a child, and in 1927 began private lessons with Frank Bridge. He also studied, less happily, at the Royal College of Music under John Ireland and with some input from Ralph Vaughan Williams.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Frolicsome Finale - (3:05) - 3,190 plays
- Theme - (1:55) - 1,497 plays
- The Young Person's Guide To The Orchestra: Variations And Fugue On A Theme Of Henry Purcell, Op. 34: Theme - (2:04) - 1,855 plays
- This little Babe - (1:18) - 866 plays
- Dies irae - (27:39) - 730 plays
- I. Introduction and Theme - (1:50) - 444 plays
- Britten: Piano Concerto in D Op. 13, revised version: Toccata - Allegro molto e con brio - (12:02) - 430 plays
- Balulalow - (1:22) - 464 plays
- The Young Person's Guide To The Orchestra: Variations And Fugue On A Theme Of Henry Purcell, Op. 34: Variations (Woodwind) - (2:52) - 484 plays
- A Hymn to the Virgin - (3:34) - 1,018 plays