0 Shouts - 9,333 Scrobbles
Though singer/songwriter Ben Godwin spent the early part of his career playing in hard rock bands in Glasgow, Scotland, he eventually decided that the acoustic anti-folk format was how he wanted to display himself and his craft. In 2002 he released the EP Four Songs, followed by =shinyshiny= in 2004 and Lighter Than the Atom in 2005. That same year, Godwin decided to move to New York City, where, in addition to writing songs, performing, and producing albums for others, he worked at LIFEbeat, a non-profit that promoted HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness through music. In 2007, inspired by the sights and sounds of the city as well as by singers like Tom Waits and Jeff Buckley, Godwin released his full-length debut, Skin and Bone, on his own label, Karmafarm.Read More...
2008 saw Godwin returning to the UK, with a new album rumoured to be in the works.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Skin And Bone - 1,543 plays
- Drinking Gasoline - 1,256 plays
- Constantly Reminded - 877 plays
- Castaway - 638 plays
- Hate Is Safer Than Love - 519 plays
- Ballad Of One Tree Hill - 266 plays
- Paper Thin Walls - 575 plays
- New World City - 634 plays
- Outsize Shoes - 585 plays
- Hook Of Time - 459 plays