0 Shouts - 9,365 Scrobbles
Though singer/songwriter Ben Godwin spent the early part of his career playing in hard rock bands in Glasgow, Scotland, he eventually decided that the acoustic anti-folk format was how he wanted to display himself and his craft. In 2002 he released the EP Four Songs, followed by =shinyshiny= in 2004 and Lighter Than the Atom in 2005. That same year, Godwin decided to move to New York City, where, in addition to writing songs, performing, and producing albums for others, he worked at LIFEbeat, a non-profit that promoted HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness through music. In 2007, inspired by the sights and sounds of the city as well as by singers like Tom Waits and Jeff Buckley, Godwin released his full-length debut, Skin and Bone, on his own label, Karmafarm.Read More...
2008 saw Godwin returning to the UK, with a new album rumoured to be in the works.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Skin And Bone - 1,544 plays
- Drinking Gasoline - 1,263 plays
- Constantly Reminded - 860 plays
- Castaway - 638 plays
- Hate Is Safer Than Love - 519 plays
- Ballad Of One Tree Hill - 267 plays
- Paper Thin Walls - 577 plays
- New World City - 643 plays
- Outsize Shoes - 592 plays
- Hook Of Time - 459 plays