0 Shouts - 126,546 Scrobbles
A pulsating solo effort from electronic pop crooning man-child and Cut Copy bassist Ben Browning is the shiniest, newest addition to the Cutters stable of artists.Read More...
Prior to starting on Cut Copy's most recent album Zonoscope, Ben Browning dug into his trusty mind-hole and began penning tracks for a solo release. "I Can't Stay" is the lead single, taken from Browning's forthcoming EP on Cutters records.
The talents of Architecture In Helsinki's Gus Franklin and Haima Marriott were enlisted to add production and shimmer, with Franklin even laying down live-drums on the final recording. Meanwhile, CUT COPY's own Dan Whitford reached into his collection of vintage synths to provide keyboard programming, producing some of the the classic keyboard tones herein.
What's that you say? You wanna dance? Never fear, the single is rounded out by two energetic remixes of the lead track I Can't Stay. Cutters' own KNIGHTLIFE, who has made spacey disco bliss his stock in trade, has transformed this into and epic, infectious melodic house gem. And DFA's JUAN MACLEAN opts for an energized version, more faithful to the original, much like classic expertly finessed dance mixes of old.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Can't Stay - 62,935 plays
- FEELS LIKE - 17,487 plays
- Make It Easy - 6,485 plays
- NIGHT DUNES - 6,816 plays
- BULLET ISLAND - 5,267 plays
- MISTAKEN IMAGES - 5,515 plays
- Friends Of Mine - 2,690 plays
- I Can't Stay - Juan Maclean Remix - 1,671 plays
- I Can't Stay (Juan Maclean Remix) - 2,079 plays
- Back to the start - 1,493 plays