0 Shouts - 47,590 Scrobbles
Belo Platno is a Serbian band playing traditional music.Read More...
The band, whose name means White Linen) was founded in Belgrade in 1997 with the aim of resurrecting and preserving, through songs and playing, Serbian musical tradition and customs concerning weddings, celebrations of patron saints, festivities, and various other occasions. The members of the original group were Predrag-Stole Stojkovic (now monk Lazar), Jelena Jovanovic, Natasa Simic, and Vladimir Simic.
The main characteristics of the music of Belo Platno are the Balkan modal style, striking female voices, and the playing of traditional instruments. The modal style consists of singing and playing according to modes without chordal accompaniment, which is associated with the major-minor scale system. Of musical means, there are rhythm, melody, and harmony, which follows the modal structure of the melody. The musical arrangements for group performances are based on field and other audio recordings. The songs are sung in local Serbian dialects.
* Vladimir Simić
* Natasa Simić
* Zvezdana (Anastasija) Ostojić
* Tanja Damnjanović
* Filip Krumes
* Akash Bhatt
* Goran Milosević
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Oro Povardarska devetka - 5,116 plays
- Gugutka guka vo osoje - 5,070 plays
- Vrbice, vrbo zelena - 4,032 plays
- Gugu Tino najmalo mome - 3,364 plays
- Devojce, devojce crveno jabolce - 3,275 plays
- Kavalska svirka - 2,892 plays
- Marino Oro - 2,527 plays
- Kavalska svirka (u prirodi) - 1,650 plays
- Carnation is leaving (intro, Kosovo, Serbia) - 1,350 plays
- Why are you sorrow, unhappy (Kosovo, Serbia) - 1,168 plays