0 Shouts - 1,668,597 Scrobbles
There are two artists on last.fm with this name:Read More...
1. Belly, an alternative rock band from Boston which formed in 1991
2. Belly/Rebellyus, a rapper from Ottawa, Canada
(1) An alternative rock band active from 1991 to 1996 which reunited in 2016. Belly was formed in 1991 by former Throwing Muses members Tanya Donelly (also in The Breeders with Kim Deal) and Fred Abong. Based in Boston, Massachusetts (although all of the members were from Newport, Rhode Island), the band consisted of Donelly on lead vocals, Abong on bass, Tom Gorman on guitar, and Chris Gorman on drums. In 1993, they scored an alternative hit with the single “Feed the Tree”. Their debut album, Star, reached #2 on the UK albums chart, with its 1995 follow-up, King, reaching #6.
(2) Belly (Rebellyus) is a rapper and hip-hop artist from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, with origins in Palestine. He is a practicing Muslim. Born in Jenin, Palestine, his musical career has been based in the Ottawa, Ontario. In addition to a Juno, he has won two MuchMusic Video Awards and has twice attained a top chart position in the national Much Music Countdown. His stage name of Belly/Rebellyus was derived from the term “rebellious”.
He first appeared on Massari’s third single “Rush the Floor”, and his first solo single “Pressure” featuring Ginuwine premiered in January 2007.
His debut album, The Revolution, was released on June 5, 2007. This double disc album was divided into two sections: “The People” and “The System”. “The People” contained more in-depth songs, such as “History of Violence” (produced by Whosane?), “Follow Me”, and “Revolutionary”, where he challenges his listeners to discover the facts regarding the Middle-East situation. Other songs on this disc include “People Change” (produced by Whosane?), “Leave me Alone”, where he talks about his longtime friends and the memories that he kept from them. “The System” contained his hit singles “Don’t Be Shy”, “Ridin’”, and “Pressure”.
The Revolution achieved Gold status in Canada and won the 2008 Juno Award for “Rap Recording of the Year”. Singles from The Revolution won two MuchMusic Video Awards for “Best Rap Video”: “Pressure” in 2007 and “Ridin’” in 2008.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThis old man I've talked about
Broke his own heart,
Poured it in the ground
Big red tree grew up and out,
Throws up its leaves,
- LyricsSo he's lying on top again
Just like Gepetto and his doll.
And he's running around again,
And I can't get him out of this house.
And if you bore him,
- LyricsMeet him by the road.
There's a dog went running,
Picking through spit out leaves
A dog won't even touch.
Meant to shoot that dog long ago,
- LyricsBaby's playing dead in cellar
Gave her water, just got paler
Grass stains, back burns
She's a screamer
She's just dusted, leave her
- LyricsEh oh yeah, oh yeah
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah oh yeah, oh yeah oh yeah
Oh yeah, oh yeah, nah
Everybody 'round me saying I should relax
'Cause I been going hard 'til my eyes roll backward
- Angel - 53,482 plays
- Someone to Die For - 49,436 plays
- Full Moon, Empty Heart - 51,470 plays
- Super-Connected - 56,187 plays
- Every Word - 43,043 plays