0 Shouts - 1,489,066 Scrobbles
There are two artists on last.fm with this name:Read More...
1. Belly, an alternative rock band from Boston which formed in 1991
2. Belly/Rebellyus, a rapper from Ottawa, Canada
(1) An alternative rock band active from 1991 to 1996. Belly was formed in 1991 by former Throwing Muses members Tanya Donelly (also in The Breeders with Kim Deal) and Fred Abong. Based in Boston, Massachusetts (although all of the members were from Newport, Rhode Island), the band consisted of Donelly on lead vocals, Abong on bass, Tom Gorman on guitar, and Chris Gorman on drums. In 1993, they scored an alternative hit with the single “Feed the Tree”. Their debut album, Star, reached #2 on the UK albums chart, with its 1995 follow-up, King, reaching #6.
(2) Belly (Rebellyus) is a rapper and hip-hop artist from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, with origins in Palestine. He is a practicing Muslim. Born in Jenin, Palestine, his musical career has been based in the Ottawa, Ontario. In addition to a Juno, he has won two MuchMusic Video Awards and has twice attained a top chart position in the national Much Music Countdown. His stage name of Belly/Rebellyus was derived from the term “rebellious”.
He first appeared on Massari’s third single “Rush the Floor”, and his first solo single “Pressure” featuring Ginuwine premiered in January 2007.
His debut album, The Revolution, was released on June 5, 2007. This double disc album was divided into two sections: “The People” and “The System”. “The People” contained more in-depth songs, such as “History of Violence” (produced by Whosane?), “Follow Me”, and “Revolutionary”, where he challenges his listeners to discover the facts regarding the Middle-East situation. Other songs on this disc include “People Change” (produced by Whosane?), “Leave me Alone”, where he talks about his longtime friends and the memories that he kept from them. “The System” contained his hit singles “Don’t Be Shy”, “Ridin’”, and “Pressure”.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThis old man I've talked about
Broke his own heart poured it in the ground
Big red tree grew up and out
Throws up its leaves, spins round and round
I know all this and more
- LyricsSo he's lying on top again
Just like Gepetto and his doll
And he's running around again
And I can't get him out of this house
And if you bore him
- LyricsMeet him by the road
There's a dog went running
Picking through spit out leaves
A dog won't even touch
Meant to shoot that dog long ago
- LyricsBaby's playing dead in cellar
Gave her water just got paler
Grass stains, backburns, she's a screamer
She's just dusted, leave her
If you see her, don't upset her
- Lyrics"Give it to me, please", I said to God
It's only fair
Instead, he sent three angels
To move the river
So now it flows by my house
- Someone to Die For - 47,297 plays
- Full Moon, Empty Heart - 49,271 plays
- Super-Connected - 53,550 plays
- Every Word - 41,343 plays
- Low Red Moon - 45,154 plays