0 Shouts - 5,639 Scrobbles
A rare performer in any day or age, Becky Barksdale embodies in one individual the vast Texas blues guitar tradition of a Freddie King, the flirtatious sensuality and assertive independence of a Bessie Smith and the raw passionate vocals of a Janis Joplin. Surprisingly, those conventions seem to have seeped into her pores rather than emanating from any specific source. My biggest influences were all of the other musicians I played with, she asserts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Satisfy Me - (4:29) - 78 plays
- Insurance - (2:49) - 24 plays
- Three O'Clock Blues - (6:48) - 11 plays
- Bulletproof - (4:36) - 14 plays
- Bone In Your Back - (5:31) - 13 plays
- Make My Move - (3:28) - 22 plays
- Rollin' and Tumblin' - (4:02) - 8 plays
- The Real Thing - (3:26) - 13 plays
- Goin' Home - (4:13) - 11 plays
- Muddy Water - (3:51) - 12 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online