0 Shouts - 5,221 Scrobbles
A rare performer in any day or age, Becky Barksdale embodies in one individual the vast Texas blues guitar tradition of a Freddie King, the flirtatious sensuality and assertive independence of a Bessie Smith and the raw passionate vocals of a Janis Joplin. Surprisingly, those conventions seem to have seeped into her pores rather than emanating from any specific source. My biggest influences were all of the other musicians I played with, she asserts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Satisfy Me - (4:29) - 54 plays
- Rollin' and Tumblin' - (4:02) - 12 plays
- Hard Time Killin' Floor Blues - (3:09) - 9 plays
- Bone In Your Back - (5:31) - 7 plays
- It Don't Make Sense, You Can't Make Peace (Solo Version) - (3:30) - 5 plays
- Close to You - (4:13) - 7 plays
- To Be Beautiful - (3:44) - 6 plays
- No Shoes - (3:18) - 4 plays
- Hurry Back, Good News - (3:25) - 5 plays
- Out Of The Blue - (4:13) - 4 plays