0 Shouts - 4,650 Scrobbles
A rare performer in any day or age, Becky Barksdale embodies in one individual the vast Texas blues guitar tradition of a Freddie King, the flirtatious sensuality and assertive independence of a Bessie Smith and the raw passionate vocals of a Janis Joplin. Surprisingly, those conventions seem to have seeped into her pores rather than emanating from any specific source. My biggest influences were all of the other musicians I played with, she asserts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Satisfy Me - (4:29) - 83 plays
- Bulletproof - (4:36) - 24 plays
- Make My Move - (3:28) - 26 plays
- It Hurts - (4:52) - 24 plays
- Insurance - (2:49) - 24 plays
- Close to You - (4:13) - 18 plays
- Out Of The Blue - (4:13) - 15 plays
- Bone In Your Back - (5:31) - 15 plays
- Amazing Grace (Texas Mix) - (3:24) - 15 plays
- The Real Thing - (3:26) - 13 plays