0 Shouts - 5,401 Scrobbles
A rare performer in any day or age, Becky Barksdale embodies in one individual the vast Texas blues guitar tradition of a Freddie King, the flirtatious sensuality and assertive independence of a Bessie Smith and the raw passionate vocals of a Janis Joplin. Surprisingly, those conventions seem to have seeped into her pores rather than emanating from any specific source. My biggest influences were all of the other musicians I played with, she asserts.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Satisfy Me - (4:29) - 63 plays
- Rollin' and Tumblin' - (4:02) - 10 plays
- Three O'Clock Blues - (6:48) - 10 plays
- Insurance - (2:49) - 14 plays
- Bulletproof - (4:36) - 12 plays
- Close to You - (4:13) - 8 plays
- Make My Move - (3:28) - 18 plays
- Hard Time Killin' Floor Blues - (3:09) - 7 plays
- Midnite Hour - (3:04) - 6 plays
- Hurry Back, Good News - (3:25) - 5 plays