0 Shouts - 1,598 Scrobbles
Beat Surrender was born in early 2009 after Stephen Bailey and Ian Laczynski folded The New Buildings to pursue music reflecting their interest in artists like The Jam, The Pretenders, and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. Their love of Britpop, jangling guitars, direct pop hooks, passionately messy live performances, and DIY ethics made them a very unique fixture in the late 00s Boston music scene. Due to an inconsistent rhythm section, Bailey and Laczynski were never able to truly capitalize on their budding ideas.Read More...
The only official studio material the band recorded was the Beat Surrender EP, released via bandcamp in January 2011. After much frustration with their rhythm section woes, Bailey and Laczynski officially split as they both left New England by September 2012.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- All That I Can Do - 178 plays
- Mirage - 145 plays
- Looking Glass - 160 plays
- (Where Do You Buy) Clothes (That Fit?) - 117 plays
- The Jam - 39 plays
- Three Little Feelings - 99 plays
- Kick Me in the Street - 37 plays
- Friday Night at the Pill - 27 plays
- Brash Young Men - 31 plays
- Where Do You Buy Clothes That Fit? - 40 plays