36 Shouts - 223,933 Scrobbles
Beat Circus is a band from Boston, Massachusetts fronted by multi-instrumentalist / singer-songwriter Brian Carpenter, who has been its only constant member since its inception. The band's songs are characterized by lush arrangements, eclectic instrumentation, and Carpenter's lyrical themes of love, death, religion, and American mythologies. The music draws heavily from several disparate genres including experimental music, modern classical, cabaret, circus music, Appalachian string music, bluegrass music, old-time music, Southern Gospel, and funereal music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Contortionist Tango - (6:55) - 181 plays
- Delirium Tremens - (4:07) - 291 plays
- Slavochka - (4:09) - 179 plays
- The Ghost Of Emma Jean - (4:44) - 263 plays
- Dark Eyes - (3:02) - 213 plays
- The Mack - (4:20) - 153 plays
- Boy From Black Mountain - (5:46) - 185 plays
- The Life You Save May Be Your Own - (2:59) - 210 plays
- The February Train - (4:16) - 189 plays
- Gyp the Blood - (2:24) - 150 plays