Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni ba
25 Shouts - 238,611 Scrobbles
Taj Mahal describes him as a genius, a living proof that the blues comes from the region of Segu. Bassekou Kouyate is one of Mali's best-known ngoni players. He has collaborated with many important traditional musicians of his country as well as international such as Carlos Santana, U2 among many many others. Most recently he is featured on Ali Farkas posthumous album 'Savane' and toured with him leaving a lasting impression on the audience as the bands solo ngoni player.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jama Ko - (4:39) - 540 plays
- Ne me fatigue pas - (3:48) - 180 plays
- Djadje - (3:07) - 135 plays
- Sinaly - (3:37) - 171 plays
- Madou - (3:44) - 141 plays
- Bassekou - (3:21) - 156 plays
- Dankou - (3:48) - 149 plays
- Bambugu Blues (feat. Andra Kouyate, Vieux Farka Toure) - (5:05) - 94 plays
- Bambugu Blues - (5:05) - 170 plays
- I speak fula - (3:42) - 110 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online