Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni ba
25 Shouts - 240,974 Scrobbles
Taj Mahal describes him as a genius, a living proof that the blues comes from the region of Segu. Bassekou Kouyate is one of Mali's best-known ngoni players. He has collaborated with many important traditional musicians of his country as well as international such as Carlos Santana, U2 among many many others. Most recently he is featured on Ali Farkas posthumous album 'Savane' and toured with him leaving a lasting impression on the audience as the bands solo ngoni player.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Jama Ko - (4:39) - 384 plays
- Ne me fatigue pas - (3:48) - 165 plays
- Madou - (3:44) - 136 plays
- Djadje - (3:07) - 122 plays
- Bambugu Blues - (5:05) - 146 plays
- Bassekou - (3:21) - 153 plays
- Dankou - (3:48) - 151 plays
- Sinaly - (3:37) - 141 plays
- Bambugu Blues (feat. Andra Kouyate, Vieux Farka Toure) - (5:05) - 89 plays
- Wagadou - (5:31) - 137 plays