Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni ba
23 Shouts - 194,779 Scrobbles
Taj Mahal describes him as a genius, a living proof that the blues comes from the region of Segu. Bassekou Kouyate is one of Mali's best-known ngoni players. He has collaborated with many important traditional musicians of his country as well as international such as Carlos Santana, U2 among many many others. Most recently he is featured on Ali Farkas posthumous album 'Savane' and toured with him leaving a lasting impression on the audience as the bands solo ngoni player.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bassekou - (3:21) - 686 plays
- Ngoni Fola - (4:16) - 599 plays
- Jonkoloni - (5:06) - 614 plays
- Jama Ko - (4:39) - 811 plays
- Lament For Ali Farka - (5:52) - 457 plays
- Tabeli Te - (1:46) - 431 plays
- Sinaly - (3:37) - 558 plays
- Dankou - (3:48) - 520 plays
- The River Tune - (3:15) - 390 plays
- Bala - (5:56) - 365 plays