4 Shouts - 46,661 Scrobbles
Bassekou Kouyaté (born in 1966 in Garana) is a musician from Mali. His band is known as Ngoni ba. He was born in Garana, Barouéli Cercle, 60 kilometres from Ségou in 1966. At the age of 12, he started playing the Ngoni. In the late 80's he moved to the capital Bamako. Kouyaté's debut album Segu Blue was released internationally in 2007 by Out Here Records and distributed in the U.K. by Proper Music Distribution. The album was produced by Lucy Durán. He has also appeared on a number of albums by Toumani Diabaté and has performed in several European countries.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bassekou - (3:21) - 1,136 plays
- Jonkoloni - (5:05) - 875 plays
- Banani - (3:39) - 663 plays
- I Speak Fula - (3:40) - 668 plays
- Tabali te - (1:46) - 441 plays
- Juru nani (feat. Kassemady Diabate) - (5:41) - 355 plays
- The River Tune - (3:12) - 320 plays
- Ngoni fola - (4:15) - 416 plays
- Banani (feat. Lobi Traoré) - (3:39) - 272 plays
- Mbowdi (feat. Zoumana Tereta) - (5:19) - 260 plays