16 Shouts - 477,118 Scrobbles
Barrett Strong (born February 5, 1941 in West Point, Mississippi) is an American singer and songwriter. Strong was among the first artists signed to Berry Gordy's Motown label, and is the performer on the label's first hit, "Money (That's What I Want)" (#2 US R&B in 1960). In the mid-1960s, Strong became a Motown staff lyricist, teaming with producer Norman Whitfield. Together, Strong and Whitfield wrote some of the most successful and critically acclaimed songs ever to be released by Motown, including "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" by both Gladys Knight & the Pips and Marvin Gaye...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThe best things in life are free
But you can keep 'em for the birds and bees;
Now give me money, (that's what I want) that's what I want,
(That's what I want) That's what I want (That's what I want) yeah,
- Money (That's What I Want) - Single Version / Mono - (2:37) - 3,463 plays
- Money (That's What I Want) - Single Version (Mono) - (2:38) - 1,598 plays
- Misery - (2:28) - 725 plays
- Money - (2:37) - 808 plays
- Misery - Single Version - (2:28) - 456 plays
- Make Up My Mind - (2:24) - 249 plays
- Money (Thats What I Want) - (2:38) - 266 plays
- Money (That's What I Want) (Single Version / Mono) - (2:38) - 207 plays
- Money, That's What I Want - (2:36) - 184 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online