16 Shouts - 456,811 Scrobbles
Barrett Strong (born February 5, 1941 in West Point, Mississippi) is an American singer and songwriter. Strong was among the first artists signed to Berry Gordy's Motown label, and is the performer on the label's first hit, "Money (That's What I Want)" (#2 US R&B in 1960). In the mid-1960s, Strong became a Motown staff lyricist, teaming with producer Norman Whitfield. Together, Strong and Whitfield wrote some of the most successful and critically acclaimed songs ever to be released by Motown, including "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" by both Gladys Knight & the Pips and Marvin Gaye...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Money (That's What I Want) - (2:37) - 11,060 plays
- Money (That's What I Want) - Single Version (Mono) - (2:38) - 4,642 plays
- Money (That's What I Want) - Single Version / Mono - (2:37) - 1,078 plays
- Money - (2:37) - 1,297 plays
- Misery - (2:28) - 724 plays
- Misery - Single Version - (2:28) - 570 plays
- Money (Thats What I Want) - (2:38) - 333 plays
- Money, That's What I Want - (2:36) - 291 plays
- Let's Rock - (2:02) - 204 plays
- Oh I Apologize - (2:23) - 181 plays