14 Shouts - 442,780 Scrobbles
Barrett Strong (born February 5, 1941 in West Point, Mississippi) is an American singer and songwriter. Strong was among the first artists signed to Berry Gordy's Motown label, and is the performer on the label's first hit, "Money (That's What I Want)" (#2 US R&B in 1960). In the mid-1960s, Strong became a Motown staff lyricist, teaming with producer Norman Whitfield. Together, Strong and Whitfield wrote some of the most successful and critically acclaimed songs ever to be released by Motown, including "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" by both Gladys Knight & the Pips and Marvin Gaye...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Money (That's What I Want) - (2:39) - 12,555 plays
- Money (That's What I Want) - Single Version (Mono) - (2:38) - 6,045 plays
- Money - (2:37) - 1,161 plays
- Misery - (2:28) - 841 plays
- Misery - Single Version - (2:28) - 570 plays
- Money (Thats What I Want) - (2:38) - 300 plays
- Money, That's What I Want - (2:36) - 339 plays
- Money Thats what i want - (2:35) - 221 plays
- Oh I Apologize - (2:23) - 263 plays
- Do the Very Best You Can - (2:43) - 246 plays