16 Shouts - 455,515 Scrobbles
Barrett Strong (born February 5, 1941 in West Point, Mississippi) is an American singer and songwriter. Strong was among the first artists signed to Berry Gordy's Motown label, and is the performer on the label's first hit, "Money (That's What I Want)" (#2 US R&B in 1960). In the mid-1960s, Strong became a Motown staff lyricist, teaming with producer Norman Whitfield. Together, Strong and Whitfield wrote some of the most successful and critically acclaimed songs ever to be released by Motown, including "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" by both Gladys Knight & the Pips and Marvin Gaye...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Money (That's What I Want) - (2:37) - 11,769 plays
- Money (That's What I Want) - Single Version (Mono) - (2:38) - 5,195 plays
- Money - (2:37) - 1,337 plays
- Misery - (2:28) - 810 plays
- Money (That's What I Want) - Single Version / Mono - (2:37) - 490 plays
- Misery - Single Version - (2:28) - 597 plays
- Money (Thats What I Want) - (2:38) - 348 plays
- Money, That's What I Want - (2:36) - 312 plays
- Let's Rock - (2:02) - 209 plays
- Oh I Apologize - (2:23) - 199 plays