380 Shouts - 813,062 Scrobbles
Barren Earth was formed in Helsinki, Finland in the autumn of 2007. This new ambitious, progressive death metal band was originally conceived in late 2006. With a head full of new, brutal, yet melodic songs, Olli-Pekka Laine (ex-Amorphis, Mannhai) asked drummer Marko Tarvonen (Moonsorrow), to form a new progressive death metal group with him. Around 2005 Tarvonen, keyboardist Kasper Mårtenson (ex-Amorphis, Ben Granfelt Band) and Laine played in a prog-rock project called The Camel Gang (influenced by The James Gang and English prog-rock band Camel), so they knew they already had the chemistry.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Howl - (5:39) - 4,317 plays
- From The Depths Of Spring - (1:25) - 3,980 plays
- Frozen Processions - (4:52) - 4,189 plays
- A Shapeless Derelict - (7:33) - 3,815 plays
- Set Alight - (7:26) - 3,687 plays
- On Lonely Towers - 3,514 plays
- Chaos, the Songs Within - (7:43) - 2,812 plays
- Curse Of The Red River - (7:48) - 2,404 plays
- The Vault - (11:07) - 2,769 plays
- Flicker - (6:38) - 2,427 plays