371 Shouts - 746,224 Scrobbles
Barren Earth was formed in Helsinki, Finland in the autumn of 2007. This new ambitious, progressive death metal band was originally conceived in late 2006. With a head full of new, brutal, yet melodic songs, Olli-Pekka Laine (ex-Amorphis, Mannhai) asked drummer Marko Tarvonen (Moonsorrow), to form a new progressive death metal group with him. Around 2005 Tarvonen, keyboardist Kasper Mårtenson (ex-Amorphis, Ben Granfelt Band) and Laine played in a prog-rock project called The Camel Gang (influenced by The James Gang and English prog-rock band Camel), so they knew they already had the chemistry.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Curse Of The Red River - (7:48) - 2,233 plays
- Flicker - (6:38) - 2,314 plays
- Forlorn Waves - (4:36) - 1,975 plays
- The Rains Begin - (4:55) - 2,172 plays
- Passing Of The Crimson Shadows - (7:17) - 2,031 plays
- Our Twilight - (5:25) - 1,727 plays
- The Leer - (4:50) - 1,630 plays
- As It Is Written - (7:29) - 1,826 plays
- The Ritual Of Dawn - (6:29) - 1,623 plays
- Vintage Warlords - (4:31) - 1,651 plays